Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Getting Up to Speed

First let me start by saying the Happiest of Birthdays to my father! I wish you the very chillest of days. Continue enjoying the retirement, old man!

So let's catch up. What have we been doing anyway?

Well first, we ran away to Chicago.



We ate some delicious food

We had our very first authentic Chicago Deep Dish Pizza at Lou Malnati's. It absolutely blew us away!
Their Tiramisu is also magical
I returned to the Rainforest Cafe and Tony experienced it for the first time



Tony ruined himself for other hot dogs with this Chicago hotdog from a street vendor



 We went to the Shedd Aquarium. We could have spent days there!



 

But we were happy to come home to our babies


 

I resumed cooking meals

This oh so satisfying Ham and Cheese Hash Brown casserole
My first attempt at pork chops (success in cooking, failure in picture taking)

This old staple I call "Italian slop" which is delicious but always looks terrible
This Crab Rangoon Dip that didn't last us the night from sheer amazingness
And this "super easy!" Chicken Dumpling mess that was just doughy and gross
I also managed french bread pizzas (topped with green pepper from our garden!), lasagna, some stovetop helper meals, and a few other unmemorable meals.
We also had a couple treats
These chocolate chip cookies that I made for the very first time
 
And this fry that's happy to see us



We've been doing all those things that should be normal but are new to us. Cleaning, budgeting, the occasional nap. We've decorated for Halloween and have been enjoying the season! We welcomed a baby niece (Tony's first "uncling" and my SIXTH "aunting") and a new sister-in-law (about time, Shannon and Steve!)! We got the last of our produce from our garden, have started a family game night, and I may or may not have eaten through 2 or 3 books. Life may not be the easiest, but we are so very happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment