Wednesday, August 10, 2016

First Day

So I'll post a few of these a little closer together than what I'd like because I've got a few on hand. Enjoy!

7/23
My first day free of my job, but my first day of a new job at home! The plan is to have my application we picked up earlier in the week ready to go Monday morning.
So what did I do with my remaining Friday? Well I'll tell you. After turning in my work keys, I went to my parents' house. And then? I passed out on their couch and slept all night. I slept through their old people puttering around (62 and 70 respectively) and woke up around 7 am. Tony came to find me, we had a little snack, and we went home – aaaaaaaand slept. All day. Tell me I wasn't exhausted so far beyond myself. But! I WILL work to improve my life and to improve Tony's life. This is the work that is worthwhile to me. This is the work that I set my alarm for and didn't hit snooze. I set my alarm for 3 pm, so I have time to make a meal for Tony. A few days ago I harvested from our garden. I have a nice bunch of Burgundy beans. (They're a bush bean. They are a pretty purple color that turns green when you cook them, just like any other green bean in flavor as far as we've noticed.) After a half hour or so of YouTube videos (hey, I'm still new to this and waking up is hard, dammit) I pulled out the grill I bought as a present for Tony when we moved in together, lit the charcoals, snagged a little grocery money, and ran to the store.
Burger patties are twice the price as the same ground meat with the same fat content. Well, let's do this the right way out of the gate. You want to save money, start doing it. I did get a better quality bun, though. With buns, you seem to get what you pay for.
So grilled burgers, green beans and mashed potatoes. We have potato flakes in the house already, work with what you've got. I know how to make all these things, no sweat. Except the grill isn't as hot as I need and I have a half hour until Tony leaves for work. Finished the potatoes and beans but gave up on the grill on slapped them in a pan. Lucky for me they'd gotten a smokey start in the grill and tasted fully grilled. I watched the wiggling while he ate. “How are they?” “GOOD!”
Packed him his lunch and sent him on his way. Note to self, start the grill sooner, give yourself time to get those coals HOT, but don't forget your other options.
Another meal that felt so good to be able to say “I made you this!” and have it appreciated so fully.
It also helps that he's a garbage disposal for food, God love him.
So what other domestic things did I do? HA! Apparently I'm still recovering because I ate my share and slept until almost 1 in the morning. We'll see what I can accomplish later tonight. The girls are so happy, they are cuddly and frisky unlike they've been in a long long time. I guess it's taken a toll on all of us. Things are looking up. I don't even know if I want to fill out my application. We'll go over our finances and see if we can pull of having me only work part time.

No comments:

Post a Comment