Monday, August 8, 2016

Get it Started

First let me say, I'm new to blogging. Maybe this will advance to something I really love to play around with, derping with layouts (a good possibility), or maybe I'll get everything out I needed to get out and then let it pass. For the past few weeks I've privately journaled to myself with a consideration to start this. So I have some past posts to share.
This is me and my fiancee Tony trying to figure some chunks of life out.
I will make sure to update more about myself and include more pictures in the future.

7/22
So you've quit your job. You turned in your keys and walked away. Good for you! Your fiancee is supportive and positive about the life change and physically you aren't sick everyday from the stress of getting jerked around, underpaid, and threatened with a firing (again).

But now what? You have no job. What can you do?

Well this is what I'm doing and this is me using an outlet to share my successes and failures.

My Average Misadventures if you will.

So my first adventure started the morning I was going to quit my job. Even just the thought of leaving gave me so much incredible energy. Because of the drain work had put on me and Tony, we haven't had a real homemade meal in a very, VERY long time. A few months at least with us shoveling fast food in to save time. Unfortunately this is super expensive and frankly, it gets old. I don't want to think about the health aspect.
So I decided that since Tony frequently has wrappers from egg salad sandwiches from the gas station (puke) I would make him homemade egg salad.
Here is where the adventures in my own shortcomings started. Not in the physical process of making the egg salad but even in the thought. “I need to boil some eggs.... Wait.. how do I boil eggs?!”
That's right boys and girls, I forgot how to boil eggs. It seems simple when you watch your mother do it without a thought for 25 years, it's a whole 'nother animal when I have to do it.
Do I boil the water and add the eggs? Wait, wasn't there something about vinegar? Salt?
Thank God for housewife ing in the Google age. Turns out you start them in cold water. After starting that first simple step it went super easily, which honestly it should have since egg salad is about as basic as you can get. Well, no. My mother's egg salad is as basic as it comes. Eggs, mayo, salt, and pepper. I know my Tony though, so I picked something I knew he would enjoy. Mine included the eggs, mayo, salt, and pepper, but I added celery, onion chives, and a splash of lemon juice.

You can find the recipe I used Here

Sacrificing an egg for testing was fun. Especially when I handed one to Tony and said “hold on a second”, turned around and heard a pop and silence. Dead silence.
Lol! the egg was perfect – if you wanted a soft boiled egg. I turned around to a stock still Tony holding what was left of an egg, the rest splattered in a half halo around him. He was prepared for a perfect hard boiled egg, had put his thumb on it and pushed and well.. my kitchen floor has the tale splattered on it. After that, everything went smoothly.

When we are happy in this house, we wiggle.
Tony would not stop smiling and would not stop wiggling.
I questioned him on flavors and textures, everything apparently amazing. He told me it's the best egg salad he has ever had. Yay me! Yay Google! Yay Inspired Taste!
So now he has a packed lunch for the first time in months and I have a sense of personal accomplishment I haven't felt in years. This feels so good and so very right.

No comments:

Post a Comment